A new game changer
Belt and cleat fragments from all Megalinear XMD and Megaflex XMD belts can be spotted by metal and x-ray detectors, thanks to a special compound used in the manufacture of these timing belts and their accessories. Therefore, any Food Contact Timing Belts (open end, endless joined, and truly endless) constructed with this compound are detectable. This Food Safety feature is in addition to other special hygienic design features that include sealed edges and the use of blue as a contrast colour. Therefore, all Food Contact Timing Belts (open end, endless joined, and truly endless) constructed with this compound are detectable!
The new MEGALINEAR FC belt matches the power and precision for synchronous conveying (balanced tracking, low running tension and low vibration) meeting the criteria where food contact is required: MAXIMUM RELIABILITY, TOTAL HYGIENE.
01 / BODY
The body of the belt is dark blue thermoset polyurethane 85 ShA.
(transparent on request); no gap between teeth on drive side.
02 / CORD
The cord is in Kevlar: 50 cords in a 150 mm wide product.
Mechanical and chemical properties
- Special detectable dark blue polyurethane compound
- Standard cords: S and Z torsion Kevlar for Megalinear FC; Stainless steel for Megaflex FCM and Megalinear FCM
- Standard splice method by finger splice
- Customizable with cleats, made of the same detectable thermoplastic compound and applied by welding.
- no risk of slippage, even in greasy and humid environment
- zero risk of fraying and detaching of back profile
- used even at the smallest bending diameter, with small drive pulleys
- MEGALINEAR FC belt working temperature -25°C/+80°C